Thursday, September 22, 2011

random thoughts about life


   There are few pictures in the world that could accurately describe my personality, but I think this is one of them. ;)

   Of course, no sooner did I see this and instantaneously smile...I had to pause and evaluate why.

   I'll keep it short and sweet...it has a lot to do with my perspective on life. I will assume it's the same for most good-natured, well-meaning people, but at least for me, I want to leave this world knowing it's a better place because I was here.

   I tend to be a rather spontaneous, carefree (not careless!), imaginative, goofy, unpredictable, and sometimes over-zealous soul...who genuinely means well, most of the time. ;) Either way, one of my (many) mantras is: "Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive anyways."

   Little things in life that could stress me out...laundry, being late, burned cookies, not winning, geometry formulas, and everything else--just needs to be taken at stride. I don't mean that the laundry doesn't matter, burned cookies aren't something to cry over (they definitely are!), and that geometry won't get me anywhere in life...just that there are moments to wear something entirely fashionably unacceptable (like overalls and off-brand sneakers...or better yet, no shoes at all!) and merrily go running through other people's sprinklers.

  John Mitchell said it best: "Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude toward us." It's so true! Life is entirely, undeniably, utterly what we make it.

   So go ahead...play pirates with your little brothers where everyone can see, have pogo-stick races, turn cartwheels, wear baggy tee-shirts, don't be afraid of a friendly game of duck-duck-goose, eat grass and gluesticks (okay, okay...don't!). :)

   I don't know if the "cool" people in their itchy skinny jeans and name brand shades are having a good time being chill and cynical, but I tried it, and believe me...it's not worth it! I was "chill and cynical" for about twelve hours and hated every second of it! 

   Just. be. yourself. Everyone else is taken. After all, you were born an original...so don't die a copy!

   Okay, I'm done! Now I'm off to save the world...one smiling person at a time. :)

   "Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."– Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...