Monday, March 12, 2012

mercy

   I have made mistakes. I have been afraid.

  
Listening to Beautiful History by Plumb this morning, and all I can think is how this song is exactly what I needed after several weeks that have been moving progressively downward for me.

   I have felt alone, then You called my name.

  
Crazy how priorities can unravel and your life can shift in such a subtle way..slowly..

   Things were crashing loudly, happening all around me.

   
And then I wake up yesterday and I realize...I haven't had a legit conversation with God in days, weeks maybe. My Bible is still sitting in the corner where I left it Sunday. My emotions are starting to close off and I'm feeling number.

   I have been such a fool, when I have known the truth.

  
Where did I go wrong, even? It was so gradual! I just found something I wanted to live for more than Jesus...

  
   I've wasted so much time doing what I want to do..

   
Hugest mistake. Ever. I didn't even think I could hit an all-time emotional low, yet I did!

   I have been living solely for myself and myself only.

  
ANYTHING you put before Jesus is an idol. Even if it's a good thing, or your intentions are right and your heart is in the right place. #hardlessonstolearn

   Whenever you run away, whenever you lose your faith...it's just another stroke of a pen on a page.

   There's nothing more beautiful than the feeling that you've been forgiven. That you're life is back where it should be. That your priorities are straight. If it seems like I'm rambling, well I am. I was wrong.

   And it can't just be this thing where I'm "Okayy..now I'm right with Jesus again! Let life resume as normal!"

   No way. I have to take up my cross daily and follow Him. All it takes is one day thinking, I'm totally okay with living for myself today..and then one day just leads to another.

   And another.

   And then you're in over your head, and you're drowning in your own problems that you've created for yourself because you pushed Him away.

   But He forgives. And brings you back.

   His mercy...it's indescribable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...