Thursday, April 19, 2012

heels and hammocks(:

   I have previously written about the best part of teenpact..now for the rest!

   Even though I don't like long skirts and professional attire..it was a cross I had to bear. Except no heels. They couldn't make me wear heels to clomp around the capitol in all day, all week. I donned my comfy classy black ballet flats instead. Muchhh better. The only reason heels is in the title of the post is because everyone else (well, not the boys obviously) was wearing them. So they got to make cute clacky sounds up the long staircases, but that was the only downside to my soft and silent flats. ;)


   This being my second year, I was part of the alumni track which was discussing entitlement programs. I won't bore you with the gory details, except I loved teaming up with other alumni to interview random visitors, lobbyists, and security in the capitol building to ask them their perspective on government-funded welfare. Their answers were fascinating, enlightening, and sometimes misinformed and rather amusing. It swung from being perfectly serious to preposterously uproarious. #lovedit.

 
  Back at camp, I hung out with mostly fellow San Antonio people from track, xc, and co-ops I don't go to. ;) Our default hangout was this spacious and amazingg white rope net hammock down by the river! It was so relaxing! And when we weren't doing that, there was soccer (that shouldn't come as a shocker) and TETHERBALL.


   Oh goodness I love tetherball! It should for reals be an Olympic sport, because I'd probably be on the USA women's team. It would be epic. ;) I played it every spare breathing second, one-on-one, doubles, or tournament-style. And then onlyyy person who could bring me down was Richmond.

   My own brother. But that's probably because we've been viciously competitive with tetherball together since we were six and four. I have old photos to prove it. :P So by now, he knows all my tips, tricks, and winning maneuvers. BLAHH.


   The food at camp was great (but the Capitol club sandwich at the capitol was indescribably awesome) and I did nothing but blather all the first day to Mark, one of my bestest track friends, about how much I loved the sloppy joes at camp and how I wanted it to be sloppy joe night..and sure enough it was. Sloppy joes andd tater tots and heaps of amazing salad.


   Except Mark was about to go run seven miles..being the hardcore distance runner that he is. So he just picked at his salad, and I ate his sloppy joe for him. Plus mine. Plus all the tater tots. Because there were usually not a lot of seconds..haha. And this became a trend for the week..I ate my food and all the food he really didn't want. This kid weighs less that me. -.- Andd now I know why! ;)

   Also, I got to see my dear sweet fish friend Amanda Yates, from xc--llama girl, remember? haha She was my shadow all week, and I got a chance to be a positive role model in her life. God is so good!


  My carpool commute from camp to capitol was crazy awesome! We tumbled along in this big white twelve-passenger van full of girls--I swear we all had curly hair except maybe one--that was covered in neon bumper stickers and giant psychedelic hippie flowers! I was in heaven. Dudeee, if I don't get a truckk..I want a hippie van. WRITE THAT DOWN. haha ;)

   Even though I missed my senior year track team group pictures..SADFACE..it was good to get away and just reflect on Jesus. I love Him like craziness! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...